Google Translate Disclaimer
This link to the Google Translate web application is provided for the convenience of our website visitors and is for informational purposes only.
The California Energy Commission does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any translation produced by the Google Translate automated web application and is not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the use of the Google Translate.
The California Energy Commission does not endorse the use of Google Translate; other translation services may be available to translate the information on our site. Please refer to the Energy Commission's website Conditions of Use.
For more information about Google Translate, please visit:
Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
Select a language below:
Kern County September 2015
- Covers approximately 5.2 million acres
- An estimated 1.7 million acres are within the DRECP area
- As of June 30, 2015, the county had 101 wholesale or utility-scale renewable energy projects that were operating and capable of generating 4,362 megawatts (MW).
- 3,296 MW of wind
- 877 MW of photovoltaic (PV)
- 114 MW of biomass
- 75 MW of small hydroelectricity
- As of June 30, 2015, the county had 61 distributed generation renewable energy projects (facilities smaller than 20 MW that primarily generate electricity for use on-site) that were operating and capable of generating 503 MW.
- 393 MW of solar PV
- 55 MW of wind
- 50 MW of small hydroelectricity
- 4 MW of biomass energy
- 1 MW of hybrid renewable energy
- Kern County did not apply for a Renewable Energy Conservation Planning Grant from the Energy Commission.
See the Kern County Renewable Energy Fact Sheet and refer to the documents below to learn more about county plans and policies being used to guide local renewable energy development.
County General Plan, Comments on DRECP and Renewable Energy Resources
Planned and Ready presentation (Kern County Energy Summit December 2014, YouTube video)
Valley Floor Habitat Conservation Plan (December 2006)
Comments on the draft DRECP Environmental Impact Report (February 2015)