Google Translate Disclaimer
This link to the Google Translate web application is provided for the convenience of our website visitors and is for informational purposes only.
The California Energy Commission does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of any translation produced by the Google Translate automated web application and is not liable for any inaccurate information resulting from the use of the Google Translate.
The California Energy Commission does not endorse the use of Google Translate; other translation services may be available to translate the information on our site. Please refer to the Energy Commission's website Conditions of Use.
For more information about Google Translate, please visit:
Please consult a translator for accuracy if you are relying on the translation or are using this site for official business.
Select a language below:
San Bernardino County September 2015
- Covers approximately 13 million acres
- An estimated 11.9 million acres are within the DRECP area
- As of June 30, 2015, the county had 69 wholesale renewable energy projects that were operating and capable of generating 1,279 megawatts (MW).
- 1,042 MW of solar thermal
- 185 MW of photovoltaic (PV)
- 38 MW of small hydroelectricity
- 8 MW of wind
- 6 MW of biomass
- As of June 30, 2015, the county had 68 distributed generation renewable energy projects (facilities smaller than 20 MW that primarily generate electricity for use on-site) that were operating and capable of generating 402 MW.
- 354 MW of solar PV
- 19 MW of wind
- 14 MW of biomass
- 14 MW of small hydroelectricity
- The county applied for and received two Renewable Energy Conservation Planning Grants totaling $1.1 million from the Energy Commission. It used $700,000 to support the development of the San Bernardino County Partnership for Renewable Energy Conservation (SPARC) project. It is using $400,000 to develop a renewable energy initiative that focuses on the costs, benefits and best opportunities for eligible renewable energy resource development.
See the San Bernardino County Renewable Energy Fact Sheet and refer to the documents below to learn more about county plans and policies being used to guide local renewable energy development.
County General Plan, Comments on DRECP and Renewable Energy Resources
Renewable Energy Conservation Planning Grants
California Energy Commission Notice of Proposed Award (April 2014), Notice of Proposed Award (April 2013)
Comments on the draft DRECP Environmental Impact Report (February 2015)