National Environmental policy Act
California Environmental Quality Act
Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), the California Energy Commission (Commission) and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) and Bureau of Land Management (BLM) will initiate the preparation of a joint Environmental Impact Report and Environmental Impact Statement (EIR/EIS) for the Desert Renewable Energy Conservation Plan (DRECP) and for a possible amendment to the California Desert Conservation Area (CDCA) Plan of 1980, as amended.
The Commission is the lead agency under CEQA for considering approval of the DRECP. The Service and BLM are the federal co‐lead agencies under NEPA. The Service will consider approval of the DRECP as a Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP) under the Federal Endangered Species Act (FESA). BLM will consider approval of a possible CDCA Plan amendment.
- Scoping Report - DRECP Environmental Impact Report / Environmental Impact Statement,
posted December 21, 2011 (PDF file, 366 pages, 14 MB).
- Notice of Preparation, posted August 5, 2011.
- Notice of Intent and Notice of Public Meetings, posted August 5, 2011.
- Scoping Comments, posted August 9, 2011; updated September 2, 2011.
- Scoping Meeting Comment Form, posted August 23, 2011.